This job posting is no longer active.
Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for an Administrative Director Surgical Services for our Methodist Hospital Stone Oak team where excellence creates excellence.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Administrative Director Surgical Services role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Administrative Director of Surgical Services has a strategic focus to provide outstanding patient service, grow the service line, develop leadership, and manage resources. They are responsible for maintaining strong physician and administration relationships. They are able to function at a high level business acumen.
What you will do in this role:
- You will actively participate in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents
- You will advance the customer experience in Surgical Services
- You will coach immediate subordinates through providing feedback, constructive critique of work, facilitates individual development plan, and documents their job performance
- You will adhere to all Human Resource policies
- You will effectively communicate departmental, organization and industry information to staff
- You will facilitate evidence based employee engagement practices
- You will effectively build strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals
- You will utilize talent review data for pipeline development
- You will foster strategic career advancement for perioperative services leaders
- You will set a strategic vision and goals for the department
- You will design standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance
- You will develop, implement, and evaluate an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission
- You will monitor compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- You will oversee a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- You will be responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards
- You will follow the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens
- You will promote cooperation and collaboration with other departments, medical staff, auxiliary, and community agencies to facilitate optimum patient care
- You will seek new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services
- You will develop, prioritize and defend capital equipment requests
- You will be responsible for the fiscal management of department; assure proper utilization of organization’s financial resources
- You will advance the growth agenda for Surgical Services
- You will promote service line growth through building strategic relationships with medical staff and medical staff office
- You will strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- You will demonstrate a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community
- You will develop and build strategic internal and external networks
- You will promote consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- You will practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- You will perform other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in surgical services required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nursing Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as an Administrative Director Surgical Services. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.