This position is incentive eligible.
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, a 207 licensed acute care bed facility, has undergone significant renovations to upgrade and expand the facility and services to better meet the needs of the rapidly growing northeast Bexar, Guadalupe and Comal Counties. We are evolving and enhancing our patients’ experiences with our cutting-edge technology and highly skilled, innovative team. Some of our medical specialties include:
- Advanced cardiovascular care
- Orthopedic and joint replacement surgeries
- Inpatient rehabilitation
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center; the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC) as an Accredited Chest Pain Center; and by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program.
The Director of Emergency Services Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Department.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department.
- Coaches immediate subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
- Enforces standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Seeks new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for emergency services.
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic external networks.
Supports HCA by
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Performing other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in emergency services required3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Knowledge of human resource management, program development, fiscal management skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred
- Reference HCA LEADS
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.