Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Respiratory Therapist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Registered Respiratory Therapist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) you will perform the critical care and diagnostic procedures utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiopulmonary diseases on patients of all ages. As a member of the patient focused care team you will be responsible for performing basic respiratory equipment maintenance, quality control measures and other administrative or technical tasks.
- You will be responsible for setting up and operating various types of respiratory care equipment
- You will be perform a range of technical procedures related to cardiopulmonary hemodynamics
- You will demonstrate competency in proper airway care
- You will be able to assess patients appropriately, interpret results accurately, and suggest alternative respiratory treatment
- You will exhibit competency in the performance of routine patient assessment and in the ability to correctly recognize and interpret respiratory dysfunction
- You will function as a respiratory care protocol assessor by delivering therapy and reassessing patients in a timely manner and maintaining proper and accurate documentation
- You will communicate regularly with physicians and nurses about patient care plans and updates
- Acute Care Hospital experience preferred
- Graduate of an American Medical Association accredited Respiratory Therapy program
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner license
- Current certification as Basic Life Support (BLS) provider
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required for NICU RRT Staff
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required for ICU RRT staff
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.