Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Pediatric Respiratory Therapy department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
What you will do in this role:
The Pediatric Respiratory Care Practitioner assesses, treats, and cares for patients with pulmonary disorders. The Pediatric Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for the clinical administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care modalities offered by the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates and sets up devices such as: mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products.
- Provides emergency care, including: artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Collects and analyzes arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal, and critical values. If critical values are recognized, the Respiratory Care Practitioner is able to provide appropriate corrective intervention.
- Follows physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as: treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage.
- Monitors patients response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry and end-tidal CO2 measurement.
- Consults with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals for changes in patient’s status. The Respiratory Care Practitioner works as part of a team to manage the patients plan of care.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Respiratory Care Practitioner license with the Texas Medical Board. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications required within 90 days of employment.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) must be obtained within 90 days of employment if required by the department.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Since opening in 1998 as the first and only hospital in San Antonio and South Texas designed and built just for children, Methodist Children’s Hospital has set the standard for treating the children of South and Central Texas. The hospital has built a strong reputation for its outstanding pediatric services in many specialty areas including pediatric heart surgery, pulmonology, orthopedics, neurosurgery, newborn and pediatric intensive care, oncology and emergency services.
Our new tower is part of a landmark expansion that increased the footprint of the Methodist Hospital campus by 445,000 square feet. It includes 150 rooms and a dedicated children’s imaging department with new, state-of-the art technology. The Level IV NICU, the region’s largest with over 90 beds, has board-certified neonatologists in-house 24/7 to provide the highest level of neonatal care available. The hospital is among the nation’s top three providers of blood and marrow stem cell and cord blood transplants for children and is the largest BMT program in San Antonio. In addition, Methodist Children’s Hospital continues to be nationally recognized for the strongest quality record for patient safety. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Children’s Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.