Methodist Healthcare is excited to announce newly increased rates for all RNs! Apply to learn more!
Do you have the career opportunities as (an) Emergency Room Clinical Nurse Coordinator you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Northeast which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career, and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family-building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources, and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage, and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are committed, caring groups of colleagues. Do you want to work as (an) Emergency Room Clinical Nurse Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions is valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high-quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high-quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
What qualifications you will need:
As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator at Northeast Methodist Hospital, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high-quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department. In collaboration with other members of the leadership team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and deliver high-quality, patient-centered care.
- You will display our core values when interacting with co-workers, patients, family members, and others in the community to foster an environment where employees are engaged and where patient care is unparalleled.
- You will assist with staff scheduling, and manage all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- You will lead in a way that inspires commitment to the vision, mission, and values of the organization and represents the organization positively within the community.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associate, or baccalaureate degree registered nurse program.
- You should possess your Registered Nurse License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- You should have a current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- You should have a minimum of two years of healthcare experience.
- It is preferred that you have your BSN and at least 3 years of healthcare experience.
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232-bed, full-service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Emergency Room Clinical Nurse Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.