Are you passionate about the patient experience? At Methodist Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) COTA PRN today with Methodist Hospital Metropolitan.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) COTA PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
General Statement of Duties:
Provides patient care as established in the plan of care under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist. Assists with making patient schedules, providing patient education, and supervision of the rehab aide.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides patient care, under the direction of a Occupational Therapist, for patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes, with consideration given to patients age and development.
2. Informs Occupational Therapist of changes in the patient’s status, progress or lack of progress toward anticipated goals and expected outcomes, and the need for reevaluation and/or revision of plan of care when indicated.
3. Documents treatments, charges, and discharge summaries in a manner which supports skilled therapeutic necessity and the charges incurred, in a concise and timely manner.
4. Supervises the daily activities of the rehab aide assisting in the provision of patient care to facilitate desired changes in patient function toward stated goals.
5. Interacts and confers with a variety of professionals including physicians, nurses, case management, PT’s and SLP’s optimize customer service and care.
6. Provides Director with constructive suggestions to problem solve, assist with maintaining productivity standards and setting a positive atmosphere for professional development.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Associates degree in Occupational Therapy.
2. Membership in TOTA, preferred.
3. Prefer one or more years of experience in Occupational Therapy Setting: Acute, Inpatient Rehab, Pediatrics, Outpatient as appropriate.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Licensed Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant by the Texas State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan houses 370 bed. We house the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only freestanding, center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies. We welcome nearly 3,000 newborns into the world each year. We are home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center. We have been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare. For the fifth consecutive year we are recognized as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality. We received a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. We were the premier Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. Join our accredited team today.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our COTA PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.