This job posting is no longer active.
Patient Safety Attendant/Sitter
Resource Pool - Sitters Department/Patient Care Support
FT - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Sitters Department. Submit your application today!
We offer full and part time employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) who participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm. The Sitter may also assist with basic activities of daily living.
What you will do in this role:
• Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room. Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient’s normal environment.
• Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and after any visitations.
• Monitors patient physical and emotional condition. Reports any changes in status promptly while remaining direct line of sight with the patient.
• Intervenes as needed to prevent patient from harming self or others. Seeks immediate assistance for escalating incidents.
• Creates clear, accurate documentation on patient status and activity during the shift.
• Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
• Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a clear understanding of all communications.
• Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
• Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: 1+ years of experience in a healthcare setting.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Basic Life Support (BLS) & De-Escalation Training within 30 days of employment
Be a part of an organization thatinvests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidateswill be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit yourapplication today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospitalopened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed SouthTexas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broadrange of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants,emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in SanAntonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our AdultBlood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program toreceive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagshiphospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare,we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’verecently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and WorldReport for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of carepossible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A LeapfrogHospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received aPrimary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has alsoreceived a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare,designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment availablein a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website atwww.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are anequal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.