Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Unit Clerk PRN today with MSOH Rehabilitation Hospital.
MSOH Rehabilitation Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Unit Clerk PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
As a Unit Clerk you will assume primary responsibility of unit secretarial, receptionist and clerical support in a professional manner in accordance with Methodist Excellence standards. You are expected to apply skills in critical thinking, appropriate judgment mental organizational and unit operation skills to perform a variety of tasks. As a Unit Clerk you will demonstrate knowledge of office equipment operation, interdepartmental function and effective communication and policy.
What you will do In This Role:
· As a Unit Clerk you will demonstrate knowledge in all aspects of medical terminology and accurately transcribe physician’s orders.
· You will complete assignments independently and demonstrate teamwork when needed using effective problem-solving skills, chain of command and effective communication with coworkers, supervisors, physicians, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner consistent with Methodist Excellence standards.
· You will accurately schedule, request or communicate necessary patient information with regard to hospital privacy policies.
· You will demonstrate knowledge and operation/application of unit equipment and software applications and programs.
· You will actively work as part of a team of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to support hospital policy and promote patient safety.
· You will assist nursing staff as requested with delegated tasks to support the patient experience.
· You will greet and assist visitors, answer their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
· You will answer a multi-line telephone system and respond to requests efficiently in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· 1 year secretarial experience in a healthcare setting: Preferred
· Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak Rehabilitation Center is a freestanding facility. Our facility holds 42 beds. We offer the highest quality of inpatient rehabilitation services. We provide all services with a patient-centered approach. Our patient care and comfortability is unmatched. We are designed to help patients recover as quickly and safely as possible. Visit us following a traumatic injury, surgery or other disabling medical condition. This treatment is our specialty! We offer the most advance approach to patient rehabilitation. Patients and doctors alike are drawn to our facility. Join our team to help transform rehabilitation care.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Unit Clerk PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.