This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) RN System Resource Pool today with Methodist Healthcare System.
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) RN System Resource Pool. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Seeking an RN Systems Resource Pool who will utilize the nursing process to independently deliver nursing care to patients in order to achieve quality outcomes and communicates need for guidance/supervision based on self-assessment of strengths and limitations. Promotes a positive image of nursing and promotes collegiality among healthcare team members. System Resource Pool RNs are scheduled in accordance with the Staffing and Scheduling- Nursing, RN Floating - Healthy Workplace Environment (HWE) and Attendance policies. Requirements of RN unit-based, facility-based, or system-based pools are based on which pool they are in. Resource and Non-RN Resource Pool RN’s are required to work the following:
Hours per Pay Period:
Tier II (PRN): Minimum of 36 hours, including one-weekend shift.
Tier III (PRN): Minimum of 48 hours, including one-weekend shift.
Tier IV (FT): Minimum of 72 hours, including one-weekend shift.
Non-RN Resource Pool Staff: Minimum of 36 hours, including one-weekend shift required.
Tier II (PRN): 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
Tier III (PRN): 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
Tier IV (FT): 1 Major & 2 minor holidays annually.
Non-RN Resource Pool Staff: 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
System Resource Pool employees will be required to float to all Methodist Healthcare System Facilities. System Resource Nurses will be scheduled in units in which they have competencies. System Resource Nurse can be placed in a unit below their competency level with a modified assignment.
What you will do in this role:
1. Identifies and individualizes patient goals. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the POC consistent with the patient’s status, and then formulates, individualizes, and modifies patient plan of care.
2. Completes assessments of patient’s/significant others’ response to illness, the use of coping mechanisms and emotional needs, and incorporates family/ significant other into plan of care and reflects the plan of care is individualized for each patient.
3. Identifies and completes assessments of patient/ significant other educational needs. Develops and helps implement teaching plan. Provides education consistent with patient's level of understanding using existing resources for patient/ significant others.
4. Administers medications and treatments safely. Recognizes and reports errors and unusual occurrences. Analyzes and identifies precipitating factors.
5. Recognizes and responds to crisis situations. Notifies appropriate individuals of actual or impending crisis.
6. Reports and documents patient's symptoms, responses, and progress. Interventions are appropriate to patient’s symptoms, responses, and progress.
What qualifications you will need:
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our RN System Resource Pool opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.