Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Division Project Manager? At IT&S - San Antonio Division, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
IT&S - San Antonio Division, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Division Project Manager like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
What makes ITG unique as a technology company is that our solutions ultimately impact the care of patients. Although our skills are needed in a number of industries, we in ITG apply them specifically to the noble cause of healthcare. We are "Healthcare Inspired." It is this guiding vision that pervades and positively influences every level of our organization. It shapes our mission, defines our values, and brings our leaders and employees together in a shared enthusiasm for their work, setting ITG apart as a uniquely purpose-driven company in the IT industry.
HCA Healthcare ITG Project Managers are innovative individuals who use creativity and stakeholder partnerships to deliver business value. Project Managers manage projects of small to medium size, visibility, and complexity levels and communicate across multiple channels including ITG and Business Operations, to define an initiative’s scope, schedule and budget. Project Managers have ownership from initiation, to development of the defined results through deployment of the product, including turnover to the appropriate systems support and user support organizations. The Project Manager may receive general supervision and guidance from senior staff. Project Managers may also be sought after to coach/mentor other Project Managers/ Project Leads as their experience grows within HCA Healthcare.
Applied to this position, your skills will help transform healthcare through technology and solutions that dramatically improve patient care and business operations.
The following are highlighted entrepreneurial competencies and core expectations for the job/role:
- Team leadership
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder partnership
- Understand strategic imperatives
- Cross-functional knowledge
- Financial responsibility
- Risk management
- Process re-engineering
At HCA Healthcare ITG, your deliverables will influence patient care. Every process, technology and decision matters.
Project Managers establish and lead enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. Project Managers lead a variety of different types of projects including launching new products and services, application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
- Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative.
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
- Accountable for one or more initiatives including business, operational, and IT deliverables.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities.
- Leads a continuous risk management process to identify and assess risks while developing and managing mitigation measures to minimize exposure to projects and the business.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
- Represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Chairs meetings to review progress with key constituents.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts.
- Publishes periodic project status reports.
- Proposes recommendations, adjustments and process improvements to achieve success.
- Healthcare: 3+ years preferred
- Information Technology: 3+ years preferred
- Project Management: 2+ years preferred
- Occasional/ Intermittent Travel Required
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; lead and inspire teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
- Servant Leadership; is a leader who considers the needs of the team over his/her own.
- Builds strong and positive relationships with the project team and key stakeholders.
- Good written and oral communication capability and presentation skills; persuasive, encouraging, motivating, and inspiring; the ability to listen and understand.
- Knowledge of influencing and negotiating skills.
- General business and technical acumen.
- Experience with stakeholder management.
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete objectives.
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering projects.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Core knowledge of project management skills and practices.
- Knowledge in the use of project management and SDLC methodologies and tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
SUPERVISOR – Division Manager of PMO
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
ITG transforms healthcare and gives
people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support,
and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at
administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states
and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by
seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Division Project Manager opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.