Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Methodist Hospital Texsan our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) LVN Licensed Vocational Nurse Ortho Tele to join our healthcare family.
Methodist Hospital Texsan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Methodist Hospital Texsan, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our LVN Licensed Vocational Nurse Ortho Tele opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse for Texsan Methodist Hospital Ortho Tele Unit to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our Licensed Vocational Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care and provide accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the RN, CNC, and oncoming shift to ensure continuity of care.
- You will provide direct, evidence-based nursing care of assigned patients as directed by the physician or RN and assist with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed.
- You will perform lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of practice, after demonstrating competency.
- You will identify potential nursing problems/changes in patient status and inform and escalate situations requiring care beyond the scope of practice of an LVN/LPN.
- You will serve as a resource to department staff, contribute to the teamwork of the hospital, and provide and ensure patient safety at all times.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of a Vocational Nursing School
- Current licensed as a vocational nurse or practical nurse in Texas, in accordance with law and regulation, or current active Graduate Vocational Nurse (GVN) “temporary permission to practice” permit.
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- Preferred: ACLS, IV Certification as mandated by state of practice
Come be a part of a one of a kind Ortho unit in a one of a kind facility with a dedicated 30 Beds with great physicians to work with:
- 5:1 RN ratio RN/LVN Model
- Handling on occasion some Med Surg Overflow
- Customer service driven 95% results
- Performing physical assessments and therapeutic and diagnostic procedures
- Discharge planning and coordinating patient care with other members of the interdisciplinary health care team
- Monitoring neurovascular status
- Performing external fixation care, casting and continuous motion therapy
- Administering treatments and medications
- Providing post-operation care
- Helping patients with therapy and provide aid for faster recuperation
- Providing leadership, motivation and clinical expertise in the management
- Navigates an orthopedic patient from the diagnostic phase through the treatment and follow-up phases, assuring patient has appropriate/timely medical/supportive services
- Facilitates optimal length of stay and appropriate utilization of Hospital resources.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is a 120 bed acute care hospital. We remain one of South Texas’s premier heart and orthopedic hospitals. We are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services. Our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, hold some of the best clinical results in the industry. We achieve this by using state-of-the-art technology, such as our robotics program.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. We were awarded the Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence. This is the highest recognition a hospital can receive. Our ICU was awarded the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence. We are also recognized as a Level IV trauma center. Our 30 bed Inpatient Rehab Unit has received the Rehabilitation Stroke Certification from the Joint Commission. Methodist Hospital Texsan has been deemed one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row. We were a recipient of the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award® by Press Ganey. Join our record setting team today!
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our LVN Licensed Vocational Nurse Ortho Tele opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.