Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Multispecialty Technician with Methodist Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Multispecialty Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
- Transports patients from the unit to the OR taking care to check that the pre-op checklist is complete before transport. Assist OR team in the set up equipment to include transporting machines, tanks, anesthesia needs, and peripheral supplies. Assist in the preoperative and intraoperative position of patients.
- Maintains designated par levels for supplies and ensures carts are stocked with immediate use items used for anesthesia and operative procedures. Participates in evaluation new equipment/supplies that pertains the perioperative service.
- Cleans and cares for equipment when not in use, ensures equipment remains plugged-in and covered. Ensures all equipment is functioning properly and in proper working order prior to use. Performs basic equipment troubleshoot as necessary. Submits work orders in a timely manner for needed maintenance/repairs and reports machine/equipment malfunction to the unit manager. Schedules preventative maintenance as required and follows up on completion.
- Anticipates the needs of the licensed anesthetist for regional, epidural and spinal blocks and the induction of general anesthesia through the application of technical knowledge and competence in set-up, operation and troubleshooting of anesthesia delivery systems, monitors and ancillary devices to include the laryngoscope, intubation equipment and IV solution and tubing set-up.
- For invasive line monitoring: Consistently uses aseptic technique, and correctly sets up and prepares needed supplies and equipment for. Assists the anesthetist in the preparation and draping for invasive line placement and monitoring. For non-invasive devices: assists with the placement of blood pressure, cuff, EKG leads, and pulse oximeter probes.
- Consistently cleans, disinfects, sterilizes and ensures availability of utilized anesthesia equipment according to AORN standards and practices. Performs room turnover and assist with other housekeeping functions as directed according to AORN standards and practices.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Graduate / GED
- Preferred: Previous PCT, Nurse aide, orderly experience in a healthcare setting
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Multispecialty Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.