Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) MRI Supervisor with Methodist Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic MRI Supervisor to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervises assigned personnel and is responsible for effectively and efficiently staffing the imaging section(s). Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
2. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in the use of the following equipment: power injectors, , Magnetic Resonance Imaging positioning, procedures preparation and technical factors associated with MRI systems
3. Maintain clean, stocked inventory and equipment service records. Works with vendors to ensure optimum uptime of equipment in section(s). Schedules preventive maintenance and emergency maintenance without disrupting patient care.
4. Ensures efficient workflow in the section by getting patients started on time and keeping room turnaround time to a minimum. Organizes work in such a way that the structure responds quickly to changes in workload.
5. Supervises personnel to include interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance
6. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals, contrast agents and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. May be called upon to physically witness and/or inventory controlled substances with another authorized individual.
3. Will integrate current scientific knowledge and technology into their work practices, play an active roll in the orientation and training of new employees and students and participate in continuing education provided to the department during work hours. Yearly, the supervisor will participate in and complete their Job skills/Competency Checklist.
4. Demonstrate support, knowledge and skill to provide necessary care to pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
5. Must facilitate and participate in current and future Radiology Department CQI monitoring and implement changes accordingly. Employees shall assist in collection of data, reviewing and revising the CQI program to be in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals, departmental Policies and Procedures. All employees shall demonstrate knowledge and responsibility for ongoing CQI.
6. Main current CPR certification in Basic Life Support. Continues to improve leadership abilities
7. Will establish relationships with other supervisors throughout MHS to develop a network and mentoring opportunities. Also develops relationships with other departments within MHS and looks for opportunities for integration or interaction.
8. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
9. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
10. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
11. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
12. Completes other duties as assigned.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our MRI Supervisor opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.