Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our RN System Resource Pool PRN opening with Methodist Healthcare System today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) RN System Resource Pool PRN for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Seeking an RN Systems Resource Pool who will utilize the nursing process to independently deliver nursing care to patients in order to achieve quality outcomes and communicates need for guidance/supervision based on self-assessment of strengths and limitations. Promotes a positive image of nursing and promotes collegiality among healthcare team members. System Resource Pool RNs are scheduled in accordance with the Staffing and Scheduling- Nursing, RN Floating - Healthy Workplace Environment (HWE), and Attendance policies. Requirements of RN unit-based, facility-based, or system-based pools are based on which pool they are in. Resource and Non-RN Resource Pool RN’s are required to work the following:
Hours per Pay Period:
Tier II (PRN): Minimum of 36 hours, including one-weekend shift.
Tier III (PRN): Minimum of 48 hours, including one-weekend shift.
Tier IV (FT): Minimum of 72 hours, including one-weekend shift.
Non-RN Resource Pool Staff: Minimum of 36 hours, including one-weekend shift required.
Tier II (PRN): 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
Tier III (PRN): 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
Tier IV (FT): 1 Major & 2 minor holidays annually.
Non-RN Resource Pool Staff: 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
System Resource Pool employees will be required to float to all Methodist Healthcare System Facilities. System Resource Nurses will be scheduled in units in which they have competencies. System Resource Nurse can be placed in a unit below their competency level with a modified assignment.
What you will do in this role:
1. Identifies and individualizes patient goals. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the POC consistent with the patient’s status, and then formulates, individualizes, and modifies patient plan of care.
2. Completes assessments of patient’s/significant others’ response to illness, the use of coping mechanisms and emotional needs, and incorporates family/ significant other into plan of care and reflects the plan of care is individualized for each patient.
3. Identifies and completes assessments of patient/ significant other educational needs. Develops and helps implement teaching plan. Provides education consistent with patient's level of understanding using existing resources for patient/ significant others.
4. Administers medications and treatments safely. Recognizes and reports errors and unusual occurrences. Analyzes and identify precipitating factors.
5. Recognizes and responds to crisis situations. Notifies appropriate individuals of actual or impending crisis.
6. Reports and documents patient's symptoms, responses, and progress. Interventions are appropriate to the patient’s symptoms, responses, and progress.
What qualifications you will need:
· Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required
· Required: RN License to practice as a professional registered nursing in the state of Texas or Active Multi-State RN Compact License. (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date.)
· BLS Certification is required as well as certifications based on Skillset or units
· Preferred: ACLS
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our RN System Resource Pool PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.