This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Echo Tech you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Stone Oak which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Echo Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Acquires a signed physician order with indicator for all exams. Demonstrates good judgment in responding to STAT calls and appropriately prioritizes STAT orders. Ensures patient consent is signed for the ordered procedure. Effectively communicates and explains the procedure to the patient without discussing clinical findings of the exam. Validates the patient and/or family understanding of the procedure.
2. Ensures proper equipment operation during patient exams. Demonstrates proficiency in basic troubleshooting, equipment cleaning, storage and preventative maintenance.
3. Demonstrates technical proficiency for echocardiograms:
A. Adult and pediatric (if applicable) echocardiograms: Performs 2-D, M-mode, color Doppler, pulsed wave Doppler, and continuous wave Doppler. This includes all measurements as needed for a complete study to include parasternal long axis, parasternal short axis, apical 4-chamber, apical long axis, and apical 2-chamber, and subcostal 4-chamber view, subcostal short axis, subcostal RV outflow, abdominal aorta, suprasternal long axis of the aortic arch, and RV outflow to evaluate the MPA and branch PAs. Applies critical thinking skills to assess the patient condition to provide any additional views that will assist the cardiologist in the care/treatment of the patient.
B. Stress echo (exercise and chemical): Performs 2-D imaging at the highest level for the evaluation of wall motion abnormalities. Stress images will include P-LAX, P-SAX, apical 4-chamber, and apical 2- chamber.
C. Demonstrates technical proficiency for TEEs. Set up of equipment and all supplies. Assists cardiologist with probe insertion as directed. After probe placement, tape all data as requested. Upon completion of procedure, candidate will immediately clean and disinfect probe according to departmental policy.
4. Assists with head up tilt table testing. Responsible for patient preparation to include validating the patient is NPO, patient transport, placement of electrodes, placement of blood pressure cuff and presence of a patent saline lock. If continuous monitoring is required, secures the use of EKG monitoring equipment. If labs are required, candidate will arrange for blood drawing. Candidate will remain with patient at all times and offer assistance under the direction of a RN.
5. Demonstrates technical proficiency at carotid imaging. Ability to obtain images of the common carotid, bulb, internal and external carotids with color doppler and pulsed wave doppler. Provides measurements as necessary for a complete evaluation of both right and left carotids.
6. Maintains all patient reports in accordance with Hospital policy. This includes but is not limited to the following: pulling all previous reports/images; presenting images to the correct reading physician; notifying reading physicians of requests; entering proper patient charges into Meditech; performing database and operating system backup; error log review; Hemodynamic Monitoring system data field modification; and proper storage of archived exam/study data.
7. Performs high level disinfection using established policies and procedures as required.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Takes “Call” as scheduled by the department Director or designee.
2. Assists the Cardiology PACS Administrator with disaster recovery procedures for the Image Archive Servers.
3. Serves as a resource to physicians and staff for the Cardiology PACS system.
4. Orders department supplies as directed and ensures PAR levels are maintained to meet patient needs.
5. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
6. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
7. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
8. Completes other duties as assigned. Methodist Excellence (ME) Behavior Standard
No Travel Travel Required
2 years experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Echo Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.