Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Nuclear CV Svcs Technician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Texsan which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Texsan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Nuclear CV Svcs Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Administer radiopharmaceuticals to detect or treat diseases under direction of a physician.
a. Administer medical substances for imaging or other procedures.
2. Detect and map radiopharmaceuticals in patients’ bodies, using a camera to produce images.
3. Calculate, measure and record radiation dosage or radiopharmaceuticals received, used, and disposed following physicians’ prescription.
a. Calculate numerical data for medical activities.
b. Record patient medical histories.
4. Produce and record in PACS images for interpretation by a physician.
5. Assay radiopharmaceuticals, adhering to safety standards that minimize radiation exposure to workers and patients.
a. Follow protocols or regulations for healthcare activities.
b. Prepare medications or medical solutions.
6. Explain test procedures and safety precautions to patients and provide them with assistance during test procedures.
7. Required to perform and demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography (CT), positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the SPEC/CT Systems. (Methodist Hospital Only)
8. Perform quality control checks on equipment or cameras.
9. Dispose of radioactive materials and store radiopharmaceuticals, following radiation safety procedures.
a. Monitor the handling of hazardous materials or medical wastes.
b. Follow protocols or regulations for healthcare facilities.
10. Maintain and calibrate radioisotope and equipment.
11. Train or supervise student or subordinate nuclear medicine technologists.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
2. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
3. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
4. Completes other duties as assigned
No Travel Travel Required
2 years experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Texsan is a 120 bed acute care hospital. We remain one of South Texas’s premier heart and orthopedic hospitals. We are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services. Our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, hold some of the best clinical results in the industry. We achieve this by using state-of-the-art technology, such as our robotics program.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. We were awarded the Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence. This is the highest recognition a hospital can receive. Our ICU was awarded the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence. We are also recognized as a Level IV trauma center. Our 30 bed Inpatient Rehab Unit has received the Rehabilitation Stroke Certification from the Joint Commission. Methodist Hospital Texsan has been deemed one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row. We were a recipient of the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award® by Press Ganey. Join our record setting team today!
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Nuclear CV Svcs Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.