This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Methodist Hospital Northeast our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) CCL Invasive Specialist to join our healthcare family.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Methodist Hospital Northeast, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our CCL Invasive Specialist opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Cardiac Cath Lab Technician you play multiple roles; Cardiovascular technician or the Hemodynamic Recorder during Cardiac Catheterization procedure. In both roles you will demonstrate technical proficiency in all Cath Lab procedures and equipment. You will assist the Cardiologist or Electrophysiologist with providing cardiac patient care. As the Hemodynamic Recorder, you will maintain good communication with the Cath Lab team to ensure proper equipment set up, accurate monitoring, and quality data collection.
What you will do In This Role:
- You will be proficient in all cardiac catheterization procedures while functioning in a primary role as a Cardiac Cath Lab Technician or Hemodynamic Recorder.
- You will identify cardiac structures, coronary vasculature, and the associated disease processes.
- You will practice radiation safety and observes all principles to ALARA.
- You will assists the physician in obtaining or entering data into the Physiologic Monitoring System(s) for accurate assessment of left and/or right-sided Hemodynamic pressure measurements.
- You will accurately report Ejection Fraction by demonstrating proficiency in the assessment of Cardiac function, utilizing Left Ventricular Analysis program(s).
- You will ensure that Angiographic and procedural data is properly archived for long-term storage.
- You will verify the presence of all components of procedure information in both hard copy and computerized formats.
What qualifications you will need:
- You must have a High school graduate or equivalent
- As a New hire as of 06/01/2013 you must have ONE of the following:
- Two (2) years full-time Invasive Cardiovascular Technology experience
- An Associate Degree or equivalent college hours (62 semester hours) in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science or higher AND one (1) year (full-time or full-time equivalent) in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology
- Baccalaureate degree in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science AND six (6) months (full-time or fulltime equivalent) in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology
- Graduate of an accredited (by CHEA, USDOE, or CMA) program in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
- Graduate of a NON-programmatically accredited program in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology which has a minimum of one (1) year of specialty training and includes a minimum of 800 clinical hours.
- You will complete initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable). Includes specific competency in:
- Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization, Peripheral Angiography, PTCA, Stent implantation, Aspiration/Extraction devices, Distal Embolization Protection devices, PTA and Peripheral Stent implantation
- Vascular Closure devices Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump, Temporary Transvenous Pacing, Implantable Defibrillators/Pacemakers all of which can occur on an Elective/ Emergent basis
- As a new hire as of 06/01/2013 you must have ONE of the below listed certifications:
- a) RCIS (Registered Cardiac Invasive Specialist) from CCI (Cardiovascular Credentialing International)
- b) ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- High School Graduate / GED
- Bachelors Degree, or Vocational School Graduate, or Associate Degree
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist, or Registered Radiographer (ARRT)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232 bed, full service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our CCL Invasive Specialist opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.