Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Interventional Special Procedures Technologist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Interventional Special Procedures Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Responsible for the use of equipment to minimize hazards and maximize patient safety and perform the proper orientation of all x-ray equipment, printing film, preparing x-ray room for use. Responsible for the care and maintenance of existing IVs may be responsible for injecting specific medication under the direction of a physician.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates competence in all areas of Interventional procedures: positioning, physiology, procedure preparation, technical factors and surgical assistance.
2. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric, adolescent, geriatric, adult patients.
3. Ensures efficient workflow in Interventional Radiology department by getting patients started on time and keeping room turnaround time to a minimum.
4. Responsible for the proper use of the computer system (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges.)
5. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks. Maintains order and cleanliness. Always practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
6. Responsible for the care and maintenance of existing IVs – may be responsible for injecting Specific medication under the direction of the physician.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules and regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Graduate of a program of Radiological Technology, or Cardiovascular Technology preferred.
Advanced certification in Special Procedures or Cardiovascular Technology is preferred.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Registration by the Texas Department of Health.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) is desired.
Must have or obtain during orientation a current CPR certification.
Supervised By: Special Procedures Supervisor and/or Radiology Director
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Interventional Special Procedures Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.