Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) MRI Technologist Specialist? At South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated MRI Technologist Specialist like you to be a part of our team.
Responsible to perform diagnostic procedures utilizing MRI and imaging equipment. Will perform all MRI procedures and is responsible for the quality control in the MRI area.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Must demonstrate knowledge in all areas of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, positioning, procedure preparation and technical factors associated with the MRI systems.
2. Responsible for the proper use of the RIS (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams).
3. Responsible for all other equipment used in MR (e.g. monitoring equipment, stereotactic biopsy equipment (where applicable) and any other devices/equipment used in MRI.
4. Demonstrates enthusiasm in performing and accepting work assignments.
5. Must demonstrates the ability to assess a situation consider alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
6. Will demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to pediatric adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May handle, pick up, deliver and/or stock non-controlled medications as directed by a licensed team member.
2. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
3. Understands and is committed to helping South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
4. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
5. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules and regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Graduate of a Radiology School.
2. Previous experience in an out-patient MRI role desirable.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. ONE of the following within 6 months of hire date:
a. American Registration of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT (MR) certification OR
b. American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist (ARMRIT) 2. Must hold a current CPR certification or must obtain during orientation period.
License, Certificates, or Registrations Preferred: Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) Certification from Texas Department of Health
Supervised By: Director of Clinical Services/Director of Operations
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our MRI Technologist Specialist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.