This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Insurance Verification Representative PRN? At South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Insurance Verification Representative PRN like you to be a part of our team.
The Pre-Registration/Insurance Verifier is responsible for verifying eligibility and benefits of health insurance, government programs and/or workers compensation insurance prior to a patient having an examination. The process also includes verification of the insurance company claims billing address. Must also verify as to whether procedure that has been scheduled requires pre-certification or an authorization number in order to be performed and reimbursed.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Verifies policy and group number, as well as guarantor and dependents information with insurance company; verifies eligibility and benefits with insurance company; verifies claim mailing address of insurance company.
2. Annotates all scheduling changes appropriately in the patient’s history notes.
3. Verifies whether pre-certification or pre-authorization is required for exam to be performed and reimbursed.
4. Contacts referring physician office if required to obtain additional information regarding exam to send to insurance company for authorization of exam.
5. Notifies referring physician office, patient and/or imaging center if exam is not authorized or if exam will not be covered.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules and regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Graduate or GED required. Must have excellent phone etiquette and communication skills. Must demonstrate proficiency in operating modern telephone, computer and office equipment. Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology. Must possess a working knowledge of health insurance, government programs and worker’s compensation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Insurance Verification Representative PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.