Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Patient Care Technician today with Methodist Hospital Atascosa.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Patient Care Technician. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Patient Care Technician you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services. These are related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. You will be under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN). As a Patient Care Tech you will assist the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of the Department. You will assist the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. As a Patient Care Tech you will comply with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
What you will do In This Role:
- You will participate in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- You will document observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. Report observations of individual patients to the RN/Team Leader.
- You will assist with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assist with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfer patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assist with discharges. Demonstrate proper body mechanics.
- You will provide or assist with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat or ice, and venous compression devices.
- You will obtain or assist in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensure accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
- You will retrieve medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube system and deliver to licensed staff member as instructed.
- You will assist with patient preparation for surgery or other procedures.
- You will orient patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital routine.
- You will assist patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Change bed linens as needed.
- You will perform hourly rounding and respond promptly to call lights and patient requests. Strive to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
- You will follow patient and employee safety/security policies and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions, use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation procedures.
- You will prepare and maintain clean, hazard-free patient rooms. Empty trash and remove soiled linens.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· A Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required within 30 days of hire.
· One or more years of experience in an acute care setting and completion of a CNA training program are both preferred.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient Care Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.