Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Certified Surgical Technician opening with Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Certified Surgical Technician for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Surgical Technologist you are responsible for assisting with the delivery of quality surgical care. You will be responsible for coordinating with the circulating perioperative nurse during surgical procedures. You are responsible for all major surgical specialty areas; including gathering and preparing sterile supplies, equipment, preparing/maintaining the sterile field. You will assist the surgeon by supplying sterile instruments/supplies to the sterile field in a safe and efficient manner. You will follow current AORN and regulatory standards and established policies and procedures of the System.
What you will do In This Role:
- You will plan for and obtain the equipment and supplies needed for assigned procedures according to physicians' preference and specific patient needs.
- You will prepare equipment and supplies according to manufacturer's recommendations and specifications for uses during surgical procedures.
- You will open sterile packs, instruments and supplies for each procedure according to established aseptic techniques and protocols.
- You will monitor sterile field during procedure and takes appropriate measures to insure integrity.
- You must initiate corrective action for any break in technique.
- You will prepare medications and solutions for use during procedures under the direction of the Registered Nurse, according to physician’s orders.
- You will maintain accountability for instruments, sponges and sharps, according to hospital policy throughout the surgical procedure to ensure that no foreign objects are retained in the surgical wound.
- You will take appropriate action if item count is not correct and will inform the appropriate staff.
- You will consistently follow safety procedures and protocols for Timeout when handling sharp instruments, powered equipment, hazardous chemicals and lasers.
What qualifications you will need:
- You must have a High school graduate or equivalent
- You must have a graduated of a surgical technologist program OR hires prior to 9/1/2009 may substitute with 1-year experience in a hospital setting as a surgical technologist
- If you are NON-CERTIFIED: No license, certificate or registration required for the Sterile Processing Department
- All other departments no license, certificate or registration required if they meet the below provision: Per Texas HB 643, surgical technologists entering practice after 09/01/2009 must have and maintain a surgical technologist certification. Individuals that performed in a surgical technologist position prior to 09/01/2009 are not required to obtain a surgical technologist certification.
- If you are CERTIFIED: You must have and maintain ONE of the following:
- CST – Certified Surgical Technologist through the National Board for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) (formally the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist) OR
- TS-C- Tech in Surgery, Certified through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Certified Surgical Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.