Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Instrument Technician? At Methodist Hospital, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Instrument Technician like you to be a part of our team.
Seeking an Instrument Technician who will be responsible for the decontamination, preparation and sterilization of supplies, instruments and equipment. As an Instrument Technician you will effectively maintain the National Standards and Recommended Practices for Sterilization, supplies, and equipment. You will also promote collaboration with physicians, nursing staff, department heads, and personnel of other departments. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In This Role:
· You will clean department and sets up workstations according to department standards (in accordance with AORN and AAMI).
· You will demonstrate competence in selecting the appropriate chemical solutions for sterile processing washers, operation of washers and contaminated reusable surgical instruments.
· You will identify tray type by contents of instrument tray. Identifies instruments that do not function properly and replaces or reports instruments that need repair or that are missing.
· You will select appropriate packing material according to type of sterilization techniques to be used. You will also label sterilized products with identification, and sterilization indicators as in accordance with AORN and AAMI recommendations.
· You will maintain the integrity of sterilized packages when loading sterilization carts and after initial cool down period.
· You will perform high-level disinfection using established policies and procedures as required.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
·High school diploma or GED equivalent
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Instrument Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.