This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Scheduler today with South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Scheduler. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
The Scheduler will be responsible for operating in such a manner as to ensure a smooth and effective method of receiving and referring all incoming scheduling calls. The Scheduler will endeavor to ensure and maintain an excellent relationship between STRIC, it’s patients and users of service. Schedules diagnostic studies on a daily basis.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Interviews patients or representative of the patient for patient demographic and insurance information to begin the scheduling process.
2. Schedules the exams accurately and on the date and time that is convenient to the patient or representative of the patient.
3. Processes STAT and URGENT requests immediately and notifies appropriate departments.
4. Provides general information regarding tests, clinic location, preps and services provided by; and STRIC location as well as direction to all locations.
5. Orients new personnel and assists in their transition to the work environment as assigned.
6. Provides backup assistance to other associates in the department upon completion of duties or as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules and regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required.
A minimum of one year experience in radiology setting is desirable but not necessary; working knowledge of medical terminology is desirable; computer and data entry experience is desirable; working knowledge of health insurance and government programs is desirable; radiology scheduling experience is desirable.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Scheduler opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.