Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Assessment Referral Specialist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Healthcare System which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Assessment Referral Specialist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Assessment & Referral Center (ARC) Specialist is a member of a multi-disciplinary team and is responsible for conducting psychiatric assessments via telehealth for patients who come through the Emergency Department to determine the appropriate level of care. They respond to calls related to accessing behavioral health services including requests for information, inquiries regarding clinical needs from potential patients, their family members and care providers, and to requests for admission or transfer from internal and external facilities.
- Completes age-appropriate psychiatric assessments of patients in the emergency department to include making recommendations to the requesting physician concerning behavioral health needs and arranges for transfer to another facility if needed. Provides referrals for those patients who are determined not to need hospitalization and notifies the appropriate persons or referral source of disposition.
- Demonstrates professionalism in the application of telehealth services to maintain quality care provided to the patient at the same or higher as if the service were delivered in person.
- Completes employee psychiatric assessments to determine risk to self or others when necessary.
- Coordinates the delivery of telepsychiatric services to the requesting physician according to established guidelines. Assures clear proactive communication between physicians to support good clinical care to the patient.
- For the patient needing inpatient treatment verifies insurance benefits, eligibility and obtains pre certification, arranges for an attending psychiatrist for the patient.
- Completes required documentation, which includes but is not limited to the psychiatric assessment, timely, thoroughly, and legibly.
- Works well as a member of a multi disciplinary team maintaining effective communication with Emergency Department staff, Utilization Review Staff, Admissions Staff, Attending Psychiatrists, Inpatient Units, and all other Behavioral Health Services.
What qualifications you will need:
- Registered Nurse, or Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW), or Licensed Professional Counselor, or Licensed Family Therapist, or License Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Bachelors Degree, or Masters Degree
- 2 years in acute psychiatric care, Emergency Department or crisis management
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Assessment Referral Specialist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.