This job posting is no longer active.
Last year our Methodist Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Security Officer PRN with Methodist Hospital Atascosa you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Methodist Hospital Atascosa, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Hospital Atascosa family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Security Officer PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
General Statement of Duties:
Provides patrol and surveillance, and investigates and responds to security incidents occurring in Methodist Healthcare facilities. Provides protection and security for patients, visitors, employees, volunteers, and physicians.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provides patrol and surveillance of designated areas and reports safety, fire hazards to appropriate personnel.
· Investigates and responds to alarms, disturbances and calls for police or fire department.
· Consults with and keeps supervisors informed of activities, needs, and problems in assigned areas. Submits verbal and computerized reports on all observed or assigned incidents and normal tours of duty.
· Controls parking and traffic flow, enforces parking regulations, assists motorists, and records motor vehicle accidents.
· Conducts inspection of security related equipment and audits security procedures to include securing and unlocking of entrances and exits in designated facilities.
· Performs dispatching and emergency services as required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED and two years of experience in security/law enforcement field preferred. Ten (10) or more years of experience as a Security Officer will substitute for education.
· Must be certified as a Commissioned Security Officer in the State of Texas, in accordance with the Texas Commission on Private Security, or eligible. Must obtain certification within 90 days.
· Current Texas Driver License, or obtain one within 30 days, and satisfactory driving history.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is a comprehensive medical center located just south of San Antonio, Texas. The hospital offers a range of services. Services include emergency care, orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine, and urology.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is part of Methodist Healthcare. We share 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. is South Texas’ largest non-public funding source of community health care for uninsured patients. This creates a unique partnership that benefits the community. We are able to provide quality care to all and charitable care when needed.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Security Officer PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.