Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Nuclear Medicine Technologist? At South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Nuclear Medicine Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist will maintain technical skills needed to perform nuclear medicine procedures. He/she will order, take receipt of, handle, administer, and dispose of radioactive materials, as well as generate and maintain all necessary documentation in accordance with current requirements of the Rules governing the safe use and possession of radioactive materials as promulgated by the Texas Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High School/ GED and graduate of an accredited (preferably by Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology - JRCNMT) educational program.
Experience: Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: must be registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technology [RT(N)] or by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board [CNMT]. If registry eligible, the individual must be in possession of a temporary Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) certification by the Texas Medical Board. The employee must have passed the registry (either ARRT or NMTCB) and be in possession of a permanent MRT certification within one year of the date of issuance of the temporary MRT certification.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs Nuclear Medicine procedures and evaluates images for technical quality. Demonstrates competence in all aspects of nuclear medicine: physiology, procedure prep, technical factors, positioning, etc.
2. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Adheres to all conditions of the Radioactive Material License and the Operating, Safety, and Emergency Procedures.
4. Performs and documents wipe testing, radiation surveys, dose calibrator assays, et cetera as required. Performs all required quality control/quality assurance procedures.
5. Generates and maintains all additional required records.
6. Demonstrates competence with and proper use of the Radiology Information System to include scheduling of exams, completion of exams, and entering of charges for procedures performed.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Submits ideas for improvements or changes needed to improve department operations.
2. Immediately reports any equipment malfunctions to supervisors.
3. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC).
4. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
5. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
6. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
7. Completes other duties as assigned.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Nuclear Medicine Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.