This job posting is no longer active.
- Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Director of Radiology today with Methodist Hospital Northeast.
- Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Learn more about Employee Benefits
- Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
- Come join our team as a(an) Director of Radiology. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Director of Radiology for Methodist Hospital – Northeast who in cooperation with the Vice President of Operations, the Radiology Director is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling the administrative activities of the department. Cooperates with Administration and other hospital departments to provide timely data to Administration. Manages the department in accordance with the financial and operational philosophies of the Methodist Healthcare System; insures compliance with JCAHO, Medicare/Medicaid, OSHA, ACR and Texas Department of Radiation Control standards. Oversees technical and fiscal management of the Department of Radiology. Assumes responsibility for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of departmental equipment. Monitors Radiology Department’s CQI plan that is in concert with the hospital plan. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Responsible for staffing of the Radiology Department. Manages personnel to include interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. Is responsible for employee’s output and conduct.
- Works collaboratively with staff to maintain current departmental Texas State Licensures as required. Assures that the department meets regulatory requirements defined by JCAHO, Medicare Conditions of Participation, American College of Radiology requirements, OSHA, and Methodist Healthcare System safety policies and rules.
- Works collaboratively with the radiologists to discuss service quality, coordinate activities and provide appropriate patient care.
- Develops departmental operating and capital budgets. Insures that budgeted goals are achieved in accordance with the MHS Financial Performance Plan.
- Appraises hospital administration of innovation in techniques and equipment. Participates in the development of and/or develops long/short range plans regarding equipment and utilization.
- Monitors department productivity to insure appropriate efficiency of departmental operations. Promotes the Continuing Quality Improvement (CQI) philosophy; Leads and facilitates department procedures and process improvements, assures that departmental CQI program is in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals policies and procedures.
What qualifications you will need:
- Degree is preferred;
- Masters Degree is an advantage.
- Five years of supervisory or management experience.
- Graduate of Radiologic Technology, Ultrasonography, or Nuclear Medicine program preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232 bed, full service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Director of Radiology opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This position is incentive eligible.