Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Director of Infection Prevention today with Methodist Hospital Metropolitan.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Director of Infection Prevention. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Director of Infection Prevention for Methodist Hospital – Metropolitan who will be responsible for the oversight of development, implementation, and coordination of an ongoing program for surveillance, prevention and control of infections among patients, employees, visitors and medical staff of Methodist Hospital - Metropolitan. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Serve as the Director for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children’s Hospital infection prevention team. Responsible for all processes that pertain to infectious diseases, including trending, tracking, monitoring and evaluating infection control parameters as defined by the CDC, TJC, TSHS, CMS, HCA and other accrediting bodies.
- Coordinates the collection, collation, and classification of epidemiological and quality improvement data required by the Infection Control Program such as data on risk factors, infections, and patient care practices; investigates unusual infections and significant clusters of infections for their possible sources; assists with special studies as required.
- Reviews and analyses epidemiological data to identify unusual infections and significant clustering of infections and to determine trends in infection patterns and antimicrobial resistance; determines infection rates based on risk stratification of patients. This person is responsible for pulling together multidisciplinary teams when needed to look at a change in infection control trends.
- Reports data to all Medical Staff and Clinical Review committees on a quarterly basis in a systematic, effective manner: maintains a current listing of nosocomial and other significant infections as indicated for review by the Epidemiologist and Infection Control Coordinator; prepares a monthly report of nosocomial infections for review by the Infection Control Committee; presents verbal summaries of monthly infections to Committee; and interfaces between the hospital, physicians, and Health Department (or other community agencies) for infectious disease reporting and control.
- Responsible for the oversight of major infection prevention interventions and performance improvement activities. Serves as a liaison between infection, prevention and quality / performance improvement departments. Responsible for policy and procedures related to infection control.
- Serves as a consultant to hospital personnel and medical staff on patient placement, isolation, and other interventions to control or reduce infections or infectious risks among patients, personnel, medical staff, and visitors.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or other health-related field; post- graduate courses in Epidemiology or Infection Control desirable
- Two to three years’ recent experience in hospital infection control required, with one to two years clinical nursing experience preferred
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
- CBIC certification in Infection Control
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan houses 370 bed. We house the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only freestanding, center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies. We welcome nearly 3,000 newborns into the world each year. We are home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center. We have been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare. For the fifth consecutive year we are recognized as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality. We received a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. We were the premier Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. Join our accredited team today.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Director of Infection Prevention opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.