This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Transplant Scheduler PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Transplant Scheduler PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Performs diversified administrative support duties for the Solid Organ Transplant/Hepatology Programs in working with the multidisciplinary team (to include program and hospital administration, physicians and other program staff).
What you will do in this role:
- Coordinates the scheduling of diagnostic procedures with patients, physicians and physician offices according to the established scheduling guidelines.
- Communicates additions, cancellations, and special requests of scheduled appointments to all appropriate parties.
- Utilizes the computerized scheduling system and supports updates as available, while ensuring that documentation is timely and accurate.
- Maintains electronic patient databases by updating and maintaining accurate demographic, physician and referral information.
- Collects patient medical records, results of scheduled testing and physician consults for review by clinical tea; ensuring all documents are scanned / filed accurately in the patients’ electronic medical record.
- Assists the medical team in committee meetings and chart reviews as it applies to the department needs.
What qualifications you will need:
- Education: High school graduate or GED required.
- Experience: Six months experience in office functions acquired through hospital or medical office work preferred. Ability to utilize basic office equipment, including computer terminals.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. The hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute. We are the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. In 2019 the center reached a major milestone by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year. This set a new national record, 65 more transplants than the second center on the list. This is acknowledged in the United Network of Organ Sharing database.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Transplant Scheduler PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.