This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Pharmacy Technician Non Compounding you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Stone Oak which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Methodist Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Pharmacy Technician Non Compounding where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Pharmacy Technician Non-Compounding you will perform duties under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and assist in the processing, preparation, and dispensing of patient medication orders according to professional standards and practices.
What you will do in this role:
- As a Pharmacy Technician Non-Compounding you willaccurately fill medication orders in the pharmacy. You will process medication returns and restock to the pharmacy. You will accurately package and prepare medications for dispensing as assigned. You will accurately transport medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas while maintaining proper storage and security of medications throughout the organization. .
- You will perform daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restock, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.) You will replenish ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and in a timely manner. You will provide basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems. You will perform all necessary functions on the pharmacy computer system which may include: patient profile inquiry, debit/credit medications, pharmacy reports/fill lists, print labels, and billing inquiry.
- As a Pharmacy Technician Non-Compoundingyou will accurately perform routine manufacturing and prepackaging maintaining accurate and complete record logs. You will ensure that a pharmacist checks all work. You will perform receiving and check in of medication/supply orders. You will appropriately and timely notify the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered, shortages, overages and damaged product. You will assist in management of drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identify opportunities to minimize waste.
- You will identify critical issues, prioritize workload and communicate to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner. You will interact in person and by phone with hospital personnel in a polite and respectful manner.
- You will perform unit/area inspections as well as expiration date checking when scheduled and submit appropriate documentation when completed. You will prepare all work records needed for the day including prepacking batch logs, census reports, outdate reports and unload reports. You will comply with ongoing process to monitor outdates as per department procedures.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School diploma or equivalent education.
- Hospital experience preferred.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- National Certification (CPhT) with Current active Registered Pharmacy Technician by the Texas State Board Pharmacy or Intern Certification with the Texas Board of Pharmacy
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Technician Non Compounding opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.