Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Methodist Hospital Texsan our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Emergency Room Licensed Vocational Nurse to join our healthcare family.
Methodist Hospital Texsan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Methodist Hospital Texsan, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Emergency Room Licensed Vocational Nurse opportunity.
We are seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse for The Methodist Hospital Texsan to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our Licensed Vocational Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
What You Will Do In Your Role:
· You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care and provide accurate and pertinent patient information reports to the RN, CNC, and oncoming shift to ensure continuity of care.
· You will provide direct, evidence-based nursing care of assigned patients as directed by the physician or RN and assist with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed.
· You will perform lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of practice, after demonstrating competency.
· You will identify potential nursing problems/changes in patient status and inform and escalate situations requiring care beyond the scope of practice of an LVN/LPN.
· You will serve as a resource to department staff, contribute to the teamwork of the hospital, and provide and ensure patient safety at all times.
What qualifications you will need:
· Graduate of a Vocational Nursing School
· LVN License to practice as a professional registered nursing in the state of Texas or Active Multi-State LVN Compact License, or GN Permit for LVN’s being hired into LVN position. (Employees with LVN Compact License are required to obtain Texas LVN License within 90 days of hire date.)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Texsan is a 120 bed acute care hospital. We remain one of South Texas’s premier heart and orthopedic hospitals. We are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services. Our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, hold some of the best clinical results in the industry. We achieve this by using state-of-the-art technology, such as our robotics program.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. We were awarded the Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence. This is the highest recognition a hospital can receive. Our ICU was awarded the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence. We are also recognized as a Level IV trauma center. Our 30 bed Inpatient Rehab Unit has received the Rehabilitation Stroke Certification from the Joint Commission. Methodist Hospital Texsan has been deemed one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row. We were a recipient of the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award® by Press Ganey. Join our record setting team today!
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Emergency Room Licensed Vocational Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.