Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) EP Technician Cert PRN today with Methodist Hospital.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) EP Technician Cert PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As an Electrophysiology Lab Technician you will function as an integral part of the Cardiac Cath Lab team by participating, implementing, and assisting in the care of patients in the EP Lab. You will function in both roles of Electrophysiology Cardiovascular Scrub Technician and Electrophysiology Recorder. As the Recorder, you will maintain good communication with the patient care team to ensure proper equipment set up, accurate monitoring, and quality data collection.
What you will do In This Role:
- You will be proficient in all Electrophysiology procedures while functioning in a primary role as a Cardiac Cath Lab Technician or Electrophysiology Recorder.
- You will identify cardiac structures, advanced anatomy of all heart chambers coronary vasculature,
- You will practice radiation safety and observes all principles to ALARA.
- You will report life threatening arrhythmias by demonstrating proficiency in the assessment of Cardiac function, using homodynamic as well as Electrophysiology data.
- You will ensure angiographic and procedural data is properly archived for long-term storage both hard copy and computerized formats.
- You are required to assist and train new staff and existing staff members, in the scrub/recorder arena.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- You must have a High school graduate or equivalent
- As a New hire as of 06/01/2013 you must have ONE of the following:
- Two (2) years full-time Invasive Cardiovascular Technology experience
- An Associate Degree or equivalent college hours (62 semester hours) in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science or higher AND one (1) year (full-time or full-time equivalent) in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
- Baccalaureate degree in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science AND six (6) months (full-time or fulltime equivalent) in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
- Graduate of an accredited (by CHEA, USDOE, or CMA) program in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
- Graduate of a NON-programmatically accredited program in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology which has a minimum of one (1) year of specialty training and includes a minimum of 800 clinical hours.
- You will complete initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- As a new hire as of 06/01/2013 you must have ONE of the below listed certifications:
- RCIS (Registered Cardiac Invasive Specialist) from CCI (Cardiovascular Credentialing International) or RCES (Registered Cardiac Electrophysiologist Specialist) from CCI (Cardiovascular Credentialing International)
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
- High School Graduate / GED
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist, or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES), or Registered Radiographer (ARRT)
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds. We provide specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. We are a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence. This is awarded by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+. We have received consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey. We rank in the nation’s top quartile for patient experience.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our EP Technician Cert PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.