Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Pharmacy Operations Manager you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Methodist Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Clinical Pharmacy Manager where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of systems and supervision of personnel involved in providing clinical pharmacy services to all patients. You will work closely with the other Pharmacy Managers, Nursing Service, Medical Staff, Pharmacy Purchasing Services and Pharmacy Computer Services. You will perform clinical pharmacy services and assists the Director in the development, implementation and maintenance of policy and procedure of the pharmacy department especially as it pertains to patient care and clinical pharmacy services.
What you will do in this role:
- You will identify, develop, implement, and evaluate clinical pharmacy services, including day to day management of clinical pharmacy systems. You will work with other pharmacy managers to assure good interface of clinical and distributive pharmacy services for the safe and effective use of medication. You will assist in the implementation of Hospital, Medical Staff and Pharmacy department policies and procedures as they relate to clinical pharmacy services.
- You will collaborate with other pharmacy managers to insure the staff is competent to provide the level of Pharmaceutical services required by patients under their care. This will include implementation and completion of a yearly staff development plan, provision of drug in-services, and additional education if needed.
- You will participate as a Non-voting member of the P & T Committee, providing drug information including, but not limited to, drug monographs, medication use evaluations, and analysis of drug shortages. You will coordinate the adverse drug reaction monitoring program and prepare summary reports for P&T Committee review. You will be the Pharmacy voting member in the absence of the Director. You will assist the P & T Chairman in the administrative functions of the Committee.
- You will serve as the drug information pharmacist including management of the formulary. You will coordinate drug information services in the pharmacy. You will purchase/coordinate clinical literature resources and assists HIS in maintaining clinical portions of the pharmacy computer system.
- You will assure proper utilization of medications. You will evaluate the therapeutic and cost effective use of medication therapy and makes appropriate recommendations for formulary considerations, policies/protocols, and individual patient therapy.
- You will supervise personnel to include interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. You will conduct and/or contribute to feedback of supervised employees in a timely manner.
What qualifications you will need:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an acute care hospital setting or Completion of an ASHP Accredited Practice Residency
- ONE of the following is required prior to the first day of employment: Current Registered Pharmacist licensed by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP) or Licensed pharmacist in another state: Provide proof of the Authorization to Test (ATT) from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Pharmacy Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.