Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) CT Tech you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) CT Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography (CT), positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan such as: power injectors, stereotactic biopsy equipment, biopsy and drainage needles and devices, and any other devices/equipment used in CT.
2. Responsible for the proper use of the Radiology Imaging System, Meditech (scheduling exams, patient tracking, Image tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
3. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
4. Will follow safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications and makes a report to their supervisor.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the CT rooms to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift.
6. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors or team lead, to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals, contrast agents and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. May be called upon to physically witness waste and/or inventory controlled substances with another authorized individual.
3. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
4. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
5. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
7. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals, contrast agents and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
8. May be called upon to physically witness waste and/or witness inventory controlled substances with another authorized individual.
9. Shall integrate current scientific knowledge and technology into work practices, play an active role in the orientation and training of new employees and students and participate in education provided to the department during work hours. Will participate in and complete Job skills/Competency Checklist annual.
10. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department/work unit or to permit flexible staffing
11. Will facilitate and participate in current and future Radiology Department Dosewatch monitoring and implement changes accordingly. Employees shall assist in collection of data, reviewing and revising the dosewatch program to be in compliance with accrediting agencies, hospital goals, departmental Policies and Procedures. All employees shall demonstrate knowledge and responsibility for ongoing CT Radiation safety measures
No Travel Required
6 months experience Required Years of Experience
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our CT Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.