This job posting is no longer active.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Rehab Aide PRN opening with Methodist Hospital Texsan today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the Methodist Healthcare team.
Methodist Hospital Texsan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Rehab Aide PRN for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Seeking a Rehab Aide that will assist the therapist or assistant in providing quality patient care. The Rehab Aide will help the department monitor and maintain its supply of assistive devices.
What You Will Do In This Role:
· You will assist with patient care by supporting patients during transfers, gait training or other therapy activities to prevent injuries or falls.
· You will communicate appropriate information regarding patient’s condition, reactions and response to the therapist or assistant in a timely and professional manner.
· You will assist in the monitoring, inventory and maintenance of equipment. Checks for proper functioning prior to each use.
· You will address the special attention required with wound care patients. Is able to arrange a sterile dressing field, disinfect a whirlpool or set up a pulse lavage treatment, and appropriately drapes patients for modesty.
· You will assist with clerical duties such as entering charges, maintaining discharge summary lists, answering telephones promptly locating lost equipment or filing notes.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Texsan is a 120 bed acute care hospital. We remain one of South Texas’s premier heart and orthopedic hospitals. We are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services. Our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, hold some of the best clinical results in the industry. We achieve this by using state-of-the-art technology, such as our robotics program.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. We were awarded the Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence. This is the highest recognition a hospital can receive. Our ICU was awarded the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence. We are also recognized as a Level IV trauma center. Our 30 bed Inpatient Rehab Unit has received the Rehabilitation Stroke Certification from the Joint Commission. Methodist Hospital Texsan has been deemed one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row. We were a recipient of the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award® by Press Ganey. Join our record setting team today!
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Rehab Aide PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.