Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Patient Placement Coordinator with Methodist Healthcare System you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Methodist Healthcare System, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Healthcare System family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Patient Placement Coordinator to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a full time Night Shift (7pm - 7am) Patient Placement Coordinator to join our team who will be responsible for patient flow within the Methodist Healthcare System (MHS). Assigns patients to an appropriate hospital bed, monitors the demand for beds as needs become known through reservations, walk-ins, transfers, or Emergency Department admissions. Provides administrative authority of accepting transfer patients to all MHS facilities. Functions in conjunction with the Nursing Administrators, Admitting Departments, Clerical Staff and Nursing Unit staff. Participates in capacity management conference calls and necessary triage and evaluation of patients to prioritize bed assignments. Monitors and projects bed availability based on known, predicted, or expected transfers/discharges. Receives and coordinates all communication from Physicians and their office staff for admission requests
- Displays proficiency in using TeleTracking to assign patients to units, constantly monitoring demand with bed availability and needs. Will assure assignments are made by matching clinical needs of patients with bed assignments based on unit admission/discharge criteria.
- Facilitates and provides leadership, direction and support for all patient flow operations withinMethodist Healthcare System.
- Responsible for accurately completing documentation on all transfer inquiries in the appropriate software. Responsible for initiating and communicating the Capacity Management Plan in conjunction with the Nurse Administrator.
- Responsible for communicating bed availability and predicted patient flow issues to Nurse Directors, Nurse Administrators, and Hospital Administration. Communicates with Physicians and their offices and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Used critical thinking skills to determine the best course of action which will be satisfactory to the patient, MD and the hospital. Uses appropriate notification loop when bed availability does not match patient needs.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with EMTALA regulations and giving administrative acceptance of all transfers and admissions into Methodist Healthcare System. Responsible for securing transport for transferring patients as requested by sending facility.
- Responsible for partnering and strengthening relationships with Rural Physicians and within MHS and as well as and facilitating growth and increasing each MH hospital’s volume depending on the campuses capacity and capability.
What qualifications you will need:
- Registered Nurse
- Associate Degree, or Bachelors Degree, or Registered Nurse Diploma
- RNs hired as of 01/01/2013 that do not have a BSN upon hire must do ALL of the following:
1) Enroll in a BSN or higher degree nursing program within two years of hire date and submit documentation to facility CNO (or designated representative)
2) Complete the BSN or higher degree nursing program within five years of hire date
- Effective 01/01/2013: Three (3) years of prior RN direct patient care experience. Employees hired prior to 01/01/2013 must have two (2) years prior RN direct care experience.