Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Clinical Pharmacist PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Metropolitan which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Methodist Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Clinical Pharmacist PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will demonstrate proficiency in all pharmacist functions by consulting on medication orders with nursing and medical staff, validating patient histories and current medication profiles. You will identify medication variances and adverse drug reactions using formulary alternatives and handling complaints. You will conduct drug regimen reviews and responds to specific polypharmacy, pharmacokinetic and medication/MAR reconciliation consults. You will recommend and monitor drug therapy as assigned by the medical staff.
What you will do in this role:
- As a Clinical Pharmacist you will consistently provide pharmaceutical care to patients of all age and population groups to ensure appropriate prescribing, route, method of administration, and length of therapy to include review of allergy history on all patients and weight for weight-based dosing. You will monitor for age appropriate response to drug therapy and for any adverse events from drug therapy. You will exhibit competence in pharmacy clinical functions and accessing drug / patient information resources including lab values.
- You will perform computer order entry of medication orders and maintains the patient’s medication profile. You will conduct therapy monitoring and other activities associated with the provision of pharmaceutical care including formulary auto-substitution. You will contact physicians concerning non-formulary drugs and completes documentation of non-formulary requests timely.
- You will provide continual guidance to technical staff as it applies to performance of pharmacy services. You will supervise technical support personnel in drug preparation and distribution systems and participates in competency training for technical personnel. You will perform accurate final dispensing check of all medication orders and completes required documentation.
- You will comply with applicable federal and state law, pharmacy standards of practice and US Pharmacopeia guidelines for compounding of sterile preparations and comply with organizational policies and procedures as well as Joint Commission standards. You will perform controlled substance documentation and distribution procedures accurately.
- You will perform decentralized direct support to assigned units within the facility including rounding with other members of the healthcare team when applicable. You will participate in activities targeted by the department including Clinical Pharmacy Reports, Medication Utilization Evaluation (MUE), food/drug interaction monitoring, patient counseling, etc.
- You will provide cross-coverage in pharmacy areas as required. Assists in times of short staffing or increased workload to ensure quality patient care.
What qualifications you will need:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Minimum 1 year of pharmacy hospital experience preferred
- Current Registered Pharmacist licensed by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or
- Licensed pharmacist in another state: Provide proof of the Authorization to Test (ATT) from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
With over 370 beds Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 3,000 newborns into the world each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and for the fifth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Metropolitan under Locations.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Pharmacist PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status