Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Unit Clerk PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Children's Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Children's Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Unit Clerk PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Unit Clerk you will assume primary responsibility of unit secretarial, receptionist and clerical support in a professional manner in accordance with Methodist Excellence standards. You are expected to apply skills in critical thinking, appropriate judgment mental organizational and unit operation skills to perform a variety of tasks. As a Unit Clerk you will demonstrate knowledge of office equipment operation, interdepartmental function and effective communication and policy.
What you will do In This Role:
· As a Unit Clerk you will demonstrate knowledge in all aspects of medical terminology and accurately transcribe physician’s orders.
· You will complete assignments independently and demonstrate teamwork when needed using effective problem-solving skills, chain of command and effective communication with coworkers, supervisors, physicians, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner consistent with Methodist Excellence standards.
· You will accurately schedule, request or communicate necessary patient information with regard to hospital privacy policies.
· You will demonstrate knowledge and operation/application of unit equipment and software applications and programs.
· You will actively work as part of a team of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to support hospital policy and promote patient safety.
· You will assist nursing staff as requested with delegated tasks to support the patient experience.
· You will greet and assist visitors, answer their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
· You will answer a multi-line telephone system and respond to requests efficiently in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· 1 year secretarial experience in a healthcare setting: Preferred
· Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds. We provide specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. We are a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence. This is awarded by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+. We have received consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey. We rank in the nation’s top quartile for patient experience.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Unit Clerk PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.