Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Journeyman Electrician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Methodist Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Journeyman Electrician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Seeking an Advanced Electrician to maintain & operate the entire hospital electrical distribution system in an uninterrupted manner that includes the emergency generators and all branch circuits from the incoming medium voltage line to the actual end of the distribution.
What You Will Do In This Role:
· You must be able to replace/repair and connect circuits to existing equipment appliances or distribution panels moved or extended because of failures or construction.
· You will Responsible for maintenance, repair and service for all hospital owned electric motors, switches, starters, controllers and all other related electrical gear and switchgear of all medium voltages.
· The Advanced Electrician is responsible for the proper operation and documentation of all electrical equipment in the hospital and on the grounds. This includes the upkeep of all regulatory forms, lists, and logs in a timely manner.
· You must have a working knowledge of fundamental and advanced electrical distribution theory and application to include proper utilization of test equipment with trouble shooting.
· You must have working knowledge of blueprints and schematics and have a practical knowledge of circuit installation. Understanding of industrial electronics as applied to motors, controllers, sensors, rectifiers, relays, and master and slave actuators.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Journeyman Electrician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.