Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) CT Scan Technologist? At South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated CT Scan Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
The CT Scan Technologist will maintain technical skills needed to perform CT procedures. Responsible for the use of equipment to minimize hazards and maximize patient safety. Duties include proper operation of all equipment, digital image management, preparing room for use. Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify the requirements of the adolescent, adult, geriatric patients and to provide the care needed as described in the policies and procedures. Responsible for the care and maintaining of existing intravenous access, may be responsible for injecting specific medication under the direction of the physician.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of an accredited radiology technology program
B. Associates or higher degree
2. Experience: None
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Two years CT Technologist experience; Associate Degree in Radiology Technology
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: CMRT – Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist by the Texas
2. Preferred: ARRT registry in CT modality
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs diagnostic procedures in a manner consistent with minimal radiation exposure and maximum image quality.
2. Demonstrates competency in all areas of computerized tomography, positioning, procedure preparation, and technical factors associated with the CT Systems. Will display knowledge in the use of all other equipment used in CT Scan. Performs examinations according to protocol, radiologist preference and ACR guidelines.
3. Consistently consents patients for metals and contrast and obtains necessary surgical history of patients prior to exam.
4. Documents in information systems upon completion of procedures; always documents all STAT reads according to departmental policies.
5. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the lab to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques, restocks supplies as necessary, carts or work area will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift. Supplies area with items necessary for daily schedule; advises supervisor of any items are needed.
6. Follows ACR QC requirements according to guidelines and internal policies.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Checks defibrillator daily and documents.
3. Supports the mission and vision of the South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC).
Understands and is committed to helping STRIC and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
4. Must learn and comply with STRIC safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
5. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 70 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years
Our highly qualified and experienced registered technologists perform medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. With twenty-two facilities conveniently located throughout San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, STRIC is one of the largest outpatient diagnostic imaging providers in the area. For more information, please visit our website at www.stric.com.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our CT Scan Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.