This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Transplant Coordinator you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Methodist Hospital!
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluation for patients suffering from chronic organ failure, end stage organ disease, ventricular assist device and transplant patients. The RN coordinates care delivered by other members of the transplant team to affect the positive outcomes for the patient.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Formulates and updates appropriate plan of care that addresses: educational, financial, age specific, biosocial, and discharge planning needs. Performs appropriate assessments to include psychological, physical, environmental and functional needs. Must be able to perform duties independently and meet deadlines. Documents assessments, interventions, and followup accurately and timely.
2. Communicates effectively with Transplant/VAD team, patients, family members, and physician.
3. Provides patient, family and community education, specific to the patients’ disease process and the plan of care for the transplant/VAD patient. Facilitates patient and family through the transplant/VAD process. Serves as a resource for education on Ventricular Assist Devices, transplantation for patient, patient family, staff, hospital, and community.
4. Assists with development and/or update of policies and procedures, Support and implement change, programs, and goals of the transplant/VAD program.
5. Maintains and advances own clinical growth through self-directed learning, continuing education, and professional networking.
6. Responsible for coordination and scheduling all patients’ testing for transplant evaluation. Will compile, review and document testing results for patient selection committee. Will place appropriate patients on the UNOS waiting list and say current on all UNOS documentation.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
2. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Must be able to perform all essential job functions while on duty, including adequate performance of duty while taking any legally prescribed medications, which may cause adverse reactions to the performance of your essential job skills.
6. Will take “call.”
7. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
At least 3 years RN experience.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Must have a valid Texas RN license.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Valve Clinic Coordinator opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.