This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) Customer Service Coordinator PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Customer Service Coordinator PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
This position is responsible for ensuring both patients and physicians of an effective and professional means of registering for procedures at the facility level. Provides good communication by using proper telephone etiquette, and forwards information efficiently. Must accurately schedule Radiology procedures and will perform a range of secretarial and clerical duties.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by facility which are specific to the needs of the patient population served
Preferred: RIS, Radiology Medical Records Training desired but not required.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries; and ensures availability of treatment information by updating and retrieving patient records.
2. Optimizes patients' satisfaction, referring physician satisfaction, and RIS modality resource (e.g. ImageCast) utilization by scheduling appointments appropriately in person or by telephone; and comforts patients and their family by anticipating anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area patient focused.
3. Coordinate patient flow throughout facility and maintains awareness of schedule to minimize delays. Updates the designated Air Traffic Control (ATC) person on a regular basis. Maintains communication with scheduling staff throughout the day regarding schedule changes and time status; annotates all scheduling changes appropriately in the patient’s history notes.
4. Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal demographics and financial information, including but not limited to waivers, ABN’s, financial responsibility forms; and notes all paperwork with appropriate instructions from MD preferences. Accurately follows collection policies and processes.
5. Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
6. Processes films/copy requests as needed and assists in the printing process; obtains outside previous films as needed and defined by STRIC policy.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of the South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
2. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
3. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community.
4. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Notifies patients of delays in the schedule and approximate wait time. Follows up on all patients who do not show up for their exam.
6. Enters data into the RIS system and accurately indicates add-ons, work-ins and in-patients. Documents appropriate information on the report-tracking sheet accurately and completely.
7. Answers and routes phone calls appropriately and in a professional manner, never blind transferring.
8. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
9. Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
10. Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
11. Explains paperwork, answers questions, and obtains all appropriate information and signatures. Makes copies of all insurance cards and collects co-pays/cost-shares as appropriate.
12. Completes other duties as assigned.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 70 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
Our highly qualified and experienced registered technologists perform medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. With twenty-two facilities conveniently located throughout San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, STRIC is one of the largest outpatient diagnostic imaging providers in the area. For more information, please visit our website at www.stric.com.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Customer Service Coordinator PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status