This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Resp Care Practitioner PRN today with Methodist Hospital Stone Oak.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Resp Care Practitioner PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Respiratory Care Practitioner assesses, treats, and cares for patients with pulmonary disorders. The Respiratory Care Practitioner is responsible for the clinical administration of all therapeutic and diagnostic respiratory care modalities offered by the department.
What You Will Do In This Role:
- Operate and set up devices such as: mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration, aerosol generators, and disposable respiratory care products.
- Provide emergency care, including: artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and assists staff with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Collect and analyze arterial blood gases and is able to recognize normal, abnormal, and critical values. If critical values are recognized, the Respiratory Care Practitioner is able to provide appropriate corrective intervention.
- Follow physician orders for treatment and evaluates requirements for treatment, such as: treatment type, mode and duration of therapy, universal precautions, and medication dosage.
- Monitor patient’s response to therapy by evaluation of vital signs, arterial blood gases, auscultation of breath sounds, pulse oximetry and end-tidal CO2 measurement.
- Consult with physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals for changes in patient’s status. The Respiratory Care Practitioner works as part of a team to manage the patient’s plan of care.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate of a Respiratory Therapy Program (Required)
- Respiratory Care Practitioner license with the Texas Medical Board. Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) upon hire and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications required within 90 days of employment.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) must be obtained within 90 days of employment if required by the department.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Associate Degree
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist, or State Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician, or State Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician (CRTT), or RRT/Respiratory Care Practitioner (RRT / RCP)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Resp Care Practitioner PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.