Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Surgery Scheduler? At Texas Transplant Physician Group, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Texas Transplant Physician Group, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Surgery Scheduler like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Surgery Scheduler for our practice who provides clerical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
- Obtains CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes and other clinical information as required for treatment of the patient from practice staff; seeks assistance from practice and Facility Coders as determined through practice and facility processes.
- Prepares documentation for Notification of Non-covered Medicare Services or Advance Beneficiary notices to patients and follows practice procedures to maintain this documentation.
- Determines O.R. time needed for the procedure and works with Facility to ensure procedure is scheduled, daily schedule is streamlined and arranges necessary anesthesia coverage, as determined through Facility processes. Ensures all requirements for the procedure have been obtained and confirmed with the Facility or other parties to include medical/imaging records and needed equipment/instruments.
- Ensures scheduling packets are correct and timely.
- Obtain patient face sheets from Insurance Verification to obtain necessary authorizations based on insurance types.
- Obtains authorization notes from Facility and scans into medical record or practice management system.
- Collects necessary and appropriate physician and practice fees associated with the procedure.
- Verifies/confirms physician is credentialed at the Center or Facility before scheduling the patient.
- Ensures efficient coordination of provider clinic and Facility schedule which could include awareness of provider¡¦s schedule and coordination of provider time-out, travel, meetings, conferences and continuing medical education.
- Refers conflicts and procedural questions to Practice Manager or designee as they arise.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Cross-trains as back up to other business office positions as requested.
- Performs other general duties as assigned.
- Maintain surgery logs or other required practice or case tracking logs
What Qualifications you will need:
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred
- BLS may be required as per practice standard
- Bilingual English/Spanish Highly Preferred
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Surgery Scheduler opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.