Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Radiology Technologist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Radiology Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Technologist will maintain technical skills needed to perform radiography procedures as well as the evaluation of radiographs for technical quality. Must be competent in performing radiographic procedures. All aspects of conducting examination will be in accordance with prescribed protocols established by staff radiologists.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High School Graduate (or GED) Required. Graduate from an AMA approved radiologic technology program.
2. Experience: Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
a. ARRT (R) or registry eligible
b. Certified by the Texas Department of State Health Services MRT program
c. Current BLS certification.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs diagnostic procedures as required; achieves a high level of film quality.
2. Observant for film artifacts and keeps them to a minimum; cleans cassettes as necessary.
3. Documents upon completion of procedures; documents all stat reads according to departmental policies.
4. Obtains patient history as needed; assists radiologist during procedures, helping to put the patient at ease.
5. Advises supervisor of any items needed from the storeroom or vendors.
6. Demonstrates ability to shut down radiologic equipment and/or reboot computers.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC).
3. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
4. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
5. Adheres to the STRIC I- CARE Standards and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 70 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
Our highly qualified and experienced registered technologists perform medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. With twenty-two facilities conveniently located throughout San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, STRIC is one of the largest outpatient diagnostic imaging providers in the area. For more information, please visit our website at www.stric.com.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Radiology Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.