This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At Methodist Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Supervisor Pharmacy Technicians today with Methodist Hospital Stone Oak.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Supervisor Pharmacy Technicians. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Supervisor Pharmacy Technicians you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of their assigned drug distribution process to include, but not limited to: supervision and training of technicians, employee feedback involvement for technicians in the process/area, ensuring adequate stock levels of drugs are maintained, and ensuring all drug distribution records are maintained. You will perform duties under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and will assist in the processing, preparation, and dispensing of patient medication orders according to professional standards and practices.
What you will do in this role:
- As a Supervisor Pharmacy Technicians you will perform all basic duties of pharmacy technician in the drug distribution process to include but not limited to: fill orders for medications with speed and accuracy, accurately performs routine manufacturing/prepackaging, maintains complete records, and completes all necessary functions on the pharmacy computer system and automated medication supply system which may include patient profile inquiry, debit/credit medications, pharmacy reports/fills list, print labels, and billing inquiry. Ensures pharmacist checks all work prior to delivery.
- You will monitor and verify completion of PI and QA processes in their assigned area. You will verify and coordinate completion of unit/area inspections in their assigned area. You will assist the purchasing agent/department by ensuring that all expired and recalled medications are removed from inventory and stored in the appropriate area.
- You will monitor drug supply in assigned area, communicate with Manager of stock needs and stock shortages pertinent to meeting the immediate needs of patients. You will be cross-trained to place daily order(s) to wholesaler electronically or by telephone (if applicable to assigned area).
- You will set the expectation for team player qualities to include, but not limited to: extra shifts on supervisor’s request for scheduled overtime or sick call coverage, volunteers for projects, and suggests workflow or service improvement ideas.
- You will manage personnel to include interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. You are responsible for employee’s output and conducts feedbacks of supervised employees in a timely manner.
- You will monitor and ensure adherence to policy and procedures pertaining to strategies for the use of high alert medications, sound alike/look alike medications, and medication security.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- External: 3 years acute care hospital experience
- Internal: 2 years acute care hospital experience
- Applicable only inpatient drug distribution staff: Provide documentation of IV compounding/preparation certification training from an Accredited Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited provider.
- One of the following: Provide documentation of hazardous drug preparation (Chemo Certification training) from an ACPE accredited provider OR complete ChemoChek Training Program within 90 days of hire date. (Documentation will be maintained in the department file.)
- Applicable only operating room pharmacy staff: Provide documentation of IV compounding/preparation certification training from an Accredited Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accredited provider.
- Current Registered Pharmacy Technician by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Supervisor Pharmacy Technicians opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.