$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Medical Assistant you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Texas Transplant Physician Group which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Texas Transplant Physician Group, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Medical Assistant where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment by taking patient histories and vital signs
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments for your patients including preparation and maintenance of supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization
- Give injections, and assist with lab testing and phlebotomy needs
- Assist physicians in applying splints, dressings, and bandages
- Assist with transfers and scheduling of follow-up care
- Coordinate patient physicals and work place injuries for partner accounts
- Screen incoming calls for referral to physicians and practitioners
- What qualifications you will need:
- 1+ year of experience in a clinical patient setting is preferred
- Experience using an EHR system is very helpful
- Graduate of an accredited school of Medical Assisting or completion of an approved program (BOTP) is required
- Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) is helpful
- The ability to obtain a Federal Breath Alcohol Screening Certificate and Federal Drug Screening Certification within 30 days of start preferred
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Assistant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.