This job posting is no longer active.
This position is incentive eligible.
Last year alone, HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours impacting our communities. As a Surgery Center Director of Nursing with North Central Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center, you can be a manager in an organization that is devoted to giving!
North Central Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a Surgery Center Director of Nursing. We care for our communities and employees! HCA Hope Fund in fourteen years reached a historic milestone: $50 million in help to our colleagues in need. Last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Surgery Center Director of Nursing ensures high quality, patient-centered care through oversight of the overall function and staffing of the clinical departments in addition to forecasting, planning, and budget monitoring. The Director fosters a culture of accountability and collaboration and supports the development and implementation of ASC strategies, policies, and procedures in support of center objectives.
What you will do in this role:
- You will manage and supervise all areas of nursing care
- Establish and maintain an effective and supportive working relationship with your Administrator
- You will ensure that the day-to-day operations are conducted in accordance with clinical practice standards and policies of the center
- Ensure sufficient staffing daily by notifying your team of scheduling changes in a timely manner
- You will participate in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care provided
- Accessible to your staff by providing breaks, ensuring coverage for meal breaks, late cases and staffing shortages
- Monitor your clinical area to ensure materials are provided for each case in advance
- You will facilitate effective and efficient transition between surgical procedures
- You will delegate, coach, mentor and handle conflict resolution with your team
- Ability to build trust and gain the respect of your team through effective leadership and participation skills
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Masters in Nursing or Business Preferred
- Minimum 5+ years clinical RN experience; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center surgical setting
- Minimum 3+ years experience in leadership
- Active RN license as required by state of employment
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable***
- ACLS and PALS
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center - North Centralis located in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio. Our AAAHC center is a top revenue producer for HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division. We perform over 600 procedures a month. Our specialties are in orthopedics, ophthalmology, ENT, gynecology, endoscopy, podiatry, pediatrics, urology and pediatric dermatology.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Become a manager with an organization that invests in your career while giving to the community. We are seeking distinguished applicants for our Surgery Center Director of Nursing opening. Help HCA Healthcare create healthier tomorrows for patients and communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.