Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Accountant? At South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Accountant like you to be a part of our team.
The Accountant is responsible for assigned month end close entries, reconciliation of assigned balance sheet reconciliations and assists with month end processing.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree
2. Experience: 3 years of experience as an accountant
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepares reconciliation work related to accounts receivable accounts (cash, refunds, credit cards). Assist in the month end processes by updating schedules and posting journal entries.
2. Assists in review of general ledger accounts and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and STRIC policies.
3. Reconciles assigned balance sheet accounts and provides appropriate supporting documentation.
4. Prepares year-to-date man hour trends, annual inventory entries. Coordinates and assists in the annual inventory counts at STRIC facilities.
5. Assists in compiling statistical, accounting or auditing reports and providing support for the preparation of the annual budget and audit work papers. Demonstrates ability to work with external and internal customers related to their assigned facilities and job functions.
6. Assists in other projects and analysis as assigned by the CAO and CFO.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC).
2. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the STRIC Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Completes other duties as assigned.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Accountant opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.